Friday, July 13, 2012

The Aussie Academy and this Year in Review!

YAAAAAAAAYYYYY! This arrived in the post this week (snail mail from Aus) to say I'm officially a member of the Aussie Academy. Bo and I went to Ralphs and got ice cream to celebrate :)

It's really an overwhelming honour to be accepted into the Academy. I hope I can live up to it! I'm really excited to see the films for this year's Awards cycle.

And it all started with this little film Forget Me Not Short Film, which is soon to be available in the permanent collection of the National Film and Sound Archive of Australia alongside work by other Aussies :)

Here's a little peek at this crazy year in review...

The Brochure I made for my film Forget Me Not

Sun Herald clipping from August 2011
AFI announces the formation of the Aussie Academy. I went to a really nice party in the Rocks and got to meet awesome peeps like Geoffrey Rush and those Home and Away guys!

Nominees at NIDA, 30 November 2011
(Photo courtesy AFI | AACTA)

Me and Adam Elliot (Dir. Harvey Krumpet, Mary and Max) at the Nominations Announcement at NIDA, 30 November 2011
(Photo courtesy of AFI | AACTA)

Woohoo!

All dolled up on the way to the AFI | AACTA Award Ceremony in Sydney, 15 January 2012

Me and my mate James Pearson (Animation Mentor grad) workin the carpet :)

And the prize went to Nullarbor, a really cool CG Short. I got to meet The Lampshade Collective behind Nullarbor (I'm sad I didn't get a photo with them tho) and they're on to more great things with their next project, which looks mega awesome!

So much exciting stuff happening Down Under!

Well, that's it from me for now. Miss everyone back home, hopefully make it back to Sydney and Canberra for Chrissie.

Peace peeps!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats Emily!!! That's such an achievement!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yon! You're awesome :) xox

    ReplyDelete